Even if you wish to include more fitness into your day, not everyone has a spare space that can be used as a home gym. While adding workout equipment to your living room may seem like a good solution, no one wants an exercise bike to be a permanent fixture in their living room, always on show or gathering dust in the corner.
As a result, the popularity of folding exercise bikes has skyrocketed in recent years. These revolutionary, lightweight, and portable exercise bikes are not only less expensive and smaller than regular exercise bikes, but they also save room. Folding exercise bikes fold to around half their original size, allowing them to be conveniently stored away when not in use and providing excellent cardiac training from the comfort of your own home.
What Are The Benefits Of Folding Exercise Bikes?
Low-impact workouts – In general, folding exercise bikes offer plenty of cardio advantages for beginners. It can improve your heart, reduce your blood pressure, and help you burn calories, just like any other spinning activity. Furthermore, their ability to save space makes them perfect cardio equipment for tiny apartments.
Our List Of Affordable Folding Exercise Bikes For Home Workouts
If you have limited room at home or want a piece of equipment that can be simply stored out of the way when not in use, you’ll need the finest folding exercise bike. Folding exercise bikes are a wonderful method to reduce weight and maintain cardiovascular health for a low cost, making them one of the most accessible pieces of home gym equipment overall. We’ve compiled a list of some amazing foldable exercise bikes so you can see what’s available and what performs well in testing.
First, off the blocks, the Magic Life sports an ultra-silent magnetic wheel giving you the smoothest and quiet ride.
No more disturbing your neighbours or sleeping family members as you exercise!
You can easily keep track of all your progress with the LCD display and record your exercise distance, speed, time, calories and heart rate in real time.
Easy to fold and taking up minimal storage space, you can exercise anytime, anyplace, within minutes.
- Ultra silent, smooth driving experience
- Stay motivated with real-time LCD statistics display
- Watch your favourite TV shows and films
- Can support up to 264lbs
- Saves space with a compact and complete folding design
- Adjustable seat and 10-level resistance
- No bottle holder
- Additional mat required to protect floors
- The seat could be more comfortable
Considered one of the most compact and space-saving folding exercise bikes on the market today, the XLR-8 holds nothing back with its highly accomplished design and build quality.
With adjustable resistance, you can easily tailor your workout routines to push yourself to the next level of fitness.
Lightweight and easy to move and store, you’ll have no problem packing this innovative piece of equipment away when you’ve completed your workout.
- Super compact and space-saving design
- Adjustable resistance to suit any fitness level
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Easy assembly
- Easily track your progress with the LCD display
- Uncomfortable seat
- Additional instructions required
Ever since YYFITT upgraded their already extraordinary foldable fitness bike in 2020, its latest model has stood out amongst its competitors.
Whether you want to train upright or semi-recumbent, you can easily adjust to suit your fitness levels and needs. What’s more, the XL backrest has two height options to give you optimal comfort.
Whether you are just starting your fitness journey or are much further along, you get several helpful features such as arm resistance bands, exercise monitors and more to help you achieve your fitness goals along the way.
- 2-in-1 upright and semi-recumbent fitness bike
- XL backrest for full support and comfort
- Adjustable height for optimal workout position
- Smooth and quiet cycling
- Compact and foldable design
- Additional arm resistance bands, monitor and phone/tablet holder
- Assistance required during assembly
- Nuts and bolts become loose over time
- Frame can become stiff if folded for too long
Super easy to fold, store and pack away, the Songmics exercise is one of the most straightforward machines on this list.
You can clearly keep tabs on your speed, distance, calories burned, pulse, distance and current timing on the large display screen – keeping you motivated and focused.
Unlike many of its peers, this bike comes with a durable PVC mat to keep your floors mark-free. Combined with 8 magnetic resistance levels, you can increase the intensity without increasing the noise.
- Easy to fold and roll away
- Keep track of all your progress
- Comes with a protective floor mat
- 8 magnetic resistance levels
- Silent workouts
- Watch your favourite TV shows as you exercise
- Limited by resistance levels if you want to push yourself further
- Basic monitor
Everything from a sweat-burning workout to slow-paced, low-impact exercise is all possible with the Bigzzia’s 2-in-1 upright and recumbent bike.
Combined with its cushioned, 3-level adjustable seat, you can ride in comfort and find your optimal sitting position to get the most out of your workout.
You can also easily adjust your workout with 8 magnetic resistance levels to choose from, allowing you to reach your goals at your own pace. Highly portable and easy to fold, you’ll save all your much-needed floor space too.
- 2-in-1 upright and recumbent bike
- Ergonomic 3-level adjustable seat and pedals
- 8 levels magnetic resistance
- Track progress with LCD monitor and pulse sensors
- Easy to move and store
- Smooth and quiet ride
- Limited display functions
- Cheap materials used for monitor
Perfect for gentle endurance training, this folding exercise bike features intuitive hand pulse sensors to keep track of all your progress.
Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, this bike is suitable for anyone at any level. What’s more, you can easily adjust the saddle to your own specifications to give you the ultimate comfort and workout experience.
Sporting 8 resistance levels to strengthen your circulatory and cardio systems, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better bike. It’s also incredibly quick to set up and fold away, giving you all the space you need to keep your home ordered and tidy.
- Collapsible fitness bike
- 8 resistance levels
- Trainer computer with LCD display
- Quick set up, compact, and easy to use
- Adjustable seat and pedals
- Quite heavy to lift
- Assistance required during assembly
- Limited resistance levels
Ideal for home cardio training, the G500 folding exercise bike is suitable for beginners and experts alike.
With 10-level tension control, you can develop your fitness at your own pace. Super sturdy, lightweight, and featuring a thick, firm cushion to keep you supported, you can count on this bike’s ergonomic design.
Thoughtfully designed, the LCD display is linked to the chrome handrail sensors to give you real-time progress to keep you motivated.
- Sturdy and lightweight X-construction frame design
- Base wheels for easy transportation and storage
- Ergonomic design for extra comfort
- 2.5KG flywheel for smooth and effective cycling
- LCD display to keep track of your progress
- 10 different resistance levels
- Assistance required during assembly
- Speed is measured in kph only
- Short backrest
Convenient to use and made from a rugged steel frame, you can exercise with confidence.
With 8 resistance levels to choose from, you can customize your training tensions to suit your workout and ability.
It’s also incredibly compact and easy to fold, allowing you to do aerobic cardiovascular exercise at home, office, or garage.
With the built-in LCD screen, you can beat all your personal favourites and keep an eye on your current progress as you ride.
- Can support up to 120KG
- Solid and rugged steel frame design
- Customise your training with 8 resistance levels
- Track real-time progress
- Compact and foldable
- Exercise anytime, anyplace
- Loses stability at high intensity
- Challenging assembly
- Instructions could be clearer
Rarely do you get such cutting-edge equipment in this price bracket?
Sporting premium design principles, a 1.6KG magnetic resistance flywheel and some of the most advanced cardio and distance sensors money can buy, this bike is second to none.
Made from a rock-solid frame that is built to last, you can expect high-end quality from the comfort of your home. Suitable for up to 100 kg, you can reach your desired goals in no time.
- Made from high-quality materials
- Adjustable magnetic resistance suitable for all fitness levels
- Track your progress with LCD monitor
- Compact, lightweight and easy to fold
- Ergonomic design for maximum comfort
- Adjustable padded seat
- Some users will want higher resistance
- Temperamental computer
- Weak timing belt
Highly versatile and offering eight different resistant levels to suit you, this bike helps you to keep your body active within your own home.
Fitted with a five-level adjustable seat, oversized pedals, and a front handlebar, your comfort and safety are at the heart of the HOMCOM’s design.
You get all the extra support from the X shape design as you work out, which also makes it one of the most compact and easy-to-store pieces of equipment around. That’s a win if you ask us.
- 8 adjustable magnetic tensions to suit your level
- Keep track of your statistics and progress with the LCD monitor
- 5-level adjustable seat for maximum comfort
- Backrest support and large foot pedals
- Foldable and collapsible X shape frame
- Rubber pads for extra floor protection
- Limited resistance
- Uncomfortable saddle
- Nuts and bolts become loose over time
What To Look For In Folding Exercise Bikes?
- Size – Folding exercise bikes are typically far more compact than standard stationary exercise bikes; but, depending on where you want to use it, it’s important examining the precise measurements of each product. While selecting a folding exercise bike, consider both the upright and folded dimensions so that it may be stored properly when not in use.
- Casters – While not all folding exercise bikes have casters, they do aid with portability if you intend on sharing the bike with family members or moving the bike around your house.
- Display – The specifications of foldable exercise bikes vary from one manufacturer to the next, but a decent quality bike should include an easy-to-read display that indicates, at least, calories burnt, distance, and speed. Better exercise bikes will often include integrated pulse or heartbeat monitors to help you analyze the quality of your sessions.
- Weight limitations – Because folding exercise bikes are often lighter and fold in on themselves, they frequently have a maximum weight limit that varies from maker to manufacturer. If you weigh more than 100kg (approximately 15 stone), it is advised that you read the bike’s entire specifications before purchasing, choosing one with a larger weight capacity or switching to a regular stationary exercise bike if necessary.
- How serious are you about cycling? – Are you cycling for fitness, everyday exercise, and recreation, or are you training for a competitive cycling event? While foldable exercise bikes still give an excellent cardio workout, they do not deliver the same levels of resistance as standard exercise cycles. If you take your riding seriously, you might choose a more conventional machine.
- Cost – While exercise bikes are obviously less expensive than gym memberships, foldable exercise bikes are more reasonable than stationary exercise bikes, with prices ranging from £100-£300 depending on size, resistance levels, and amenities.
How Much Should You Spend On a Folding Exercise Bike?
In general, foldable bikes are less expensive than traditional exercise bikes, with a good model costing between £200 and £300. Manual bikes are the most affordable, with possibilities under £150 accessible online.
Some FAQs On Folding Exercise Bikes
Q1. Are Folding Exercise Bikes Worth It?
There’s no doubt that folding exercise bikes have their uses, but the workouts they deliver are on the gentler end of the scale. The pricing typically reflects this, since most of the bikes on our list are inexpensive. You should not anticipate a strong bike that you can push yourself on for that price; these bikes are designed for leisurely rides while watching TV or a Netflix series.
Q2. How do I clean a folding exercise bike?
This depends on the material, however, most are made of steel and can be kept clean by cleaning with a moist cloth. To keep it clean, remember to wipe it off before and after each usage.
Q3. Can I lose weight on a folding exercise bike?
An exercise bike, depending on the intensity and frequency of your training, is a good way to lose weight, since it may burn up to 600 calories per hour on a stationary cycle.
While you shouldn’t anticipate the same level of quality as you would at your local gym, foldable exercise bikes are a terrific space-saving choice that allows you to add some light movement and cardiac training into your working day. A portable exercise bike, when used frequently, may improve your stamina, decrease body fat, and increase muscle strength. It’s important to note that basic assembly and adjustment will be required each time you ride, but this is often balanced by the benefits of compact and portable storage.